Saturday, December 5, 2009

Will adding a 100 watt powered subwoofer help my home theater?

Ok, I have a decent home theater system, it is a Yamaha yht 370, I like it a lot. It is a 5.1 with a 100 watt passive sub that sounds very good. I was thinking about adding a powered sub I saw at best buy. It is a yamaha 100 watt, 10 inch powered sub and looks like it was made for this setup. But I am wondering since they are both 100 watts, if I will notice that much difference?



So can anyone tell me if it will make a big difference in listening. Also what if I used both subs? What would that be like? One in front and one in back by the surrounds? Thanks.



Will adding a 100 watt powered subwoofer help my home theater?star theater



How much is your receiver actually providing to your current sub? I say buy it from best buy and test it out (you can return it). 2 subs may be too much base for your size room.



If you get a powered sub then it won鈥檛 matter how much power your receiver is putting out because the powered sub won鈥檛 be using that power. It will only be using its own built in amp. Since you said that the current sub you have is already getting a max of 120W from your amp, then you will be better off with your current sub.



Will adding a 100 watt powered subwoofer help my home theater?extension opera theater



I actually install home theaters and I can tell you that the powered sub will not make a huge difference because the receiver that comes with that paticular home theater has a very weak output for the subwoofer preout in terms of voltage.



the 370 is really just meant to be an introductory system.... getting what you pay for is the name of the game.
You're not pleased with your current sub?



The 10 will not make a significant difference in it. If you had one sitting around, I'd say you could do that, but I would not suggest purchasing one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel