Thursday, December 10, 2009

I want to play my MP3s (stored on my computer) over my home theater system...how can I do it?

I have a computer that holds my MP3 library. I want to play the MP3s using my home theater system. My TV has a PC audio input but my receiver does not. If I get a male-male PC audio cable and run it from my computer to the TV, should I be able to play my MP3s through my home theater system?



This is a list of my current equipment:



* LG 32LX1D 32" LCD HDTV



* Yamaha HTR-5840 6.1 Surround Sound Receiver



* Sony DVP-NS70H HDMI DVD/CD Player



* Klipsch Synergy F-1 Floorstanding Loudspeakers



* Klipsch Synergy Sub-10 Subwoofer



I want to play my MP3s (stored on my computer) over my home theater system...how can I do it?dream theater



If your PC is near you stereo use this:



1. Locate the line out or headphones out of your PC. Buy an RCA to stereo plug from any local electronics store.



2. Hook up the mini stereo plug to your PC's soundcard line out or headphone out.



3. Connect the other end (RCA) to your amp's auxilliary out.



WARNING: like the others said turn down the volume to avoid destroying your speakers.



If its far:



1. Hook it up using a wired ethernet media box like linksys or if you have Wifi get an apple express. It receives music from your desktop (wifi) and has a line out that you can hook up to your stereo



I want to play my MP3s (stored on my computer) over my home theater system...how can I do it?performing arts opera theater



By running male-male PC audio cable from my computer to the TV, you should be able to playMP3s through your home theater system.
Yup Just becareful with the volume when first starting it up. Set it to the lowest on both then turn up each slowly. This way you do not blow up your ears and system by noise or feedback.



On mine the PC volume is 10% and the home sound system is what I use to control the loudness. Else my sound starts to sound like a bunch of static and feedback noise.
This was my original solution to this problem-



http://www.rca.com/product/viewdetail/0,...



This is my current-



http://www.prismiq.com/products/mediapla...



You can pick either of these up on ebay for considerably less than the list price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel