Thursday, December 10, 2009

When is the proper time to begin building your theater resume?

I want to act in live theater for a living. I just started at age 13. I have been in one play, and I'm awaiting results for another.



I know this I something I could do the rest of my life, and I want to begin preparing for it. When is the proper time (number of plays, age) to begin building my resume?



When is the proper time to begin building your theater resume?star theater



once you have something to put on it. You should have your resume ready so that when you have someone to give it to, you don't have to scramble to put one together.



Even if you don't have any stage credits, at least put down your education in theatre, special skills, vocal range (if you're a singer), dance experience, etc.



When is the proper time to begin building your theater resume?extension opera theater



As soon as your feel ready to start acting in plays then thats the time to start building that resume.



You'll be building that resume you're whole acting career.
right now.
You are too young to bother with resumes now because you are likely to be doing unpaid work for a long time. If you decide to turn pro, a resume of your most recent work would be of use only to encourage a prospective agent to come out and watch you perform. If you get taken on, your agent will tell you what to put into your resume.



Resumes never got anyone hired - they only help you to get auditions. While you are an an amateur, they will audition anybody. Just show up prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel