Saturday, December 5, 2009

Pulling extra wires from existing conduit. (Installing 7.1 Home Theater in room pre-wired for 5.1)?

Hi,



The living room in our new house is pre-wired for a 5.1 home theater system. I have a 7.1 system. How difficult would it be to pull extra wires so that I can use all the back speakers? Should I get a professional or is it something I can do myself using a Fish Tape. Any other ideas?



Thanks!



Pulling extra wires from existing conduit. (Installing 7.1 Home Theater in room pre-wired for 5.1)?binoculars



Speaker wiring is not that expensive. Use the existing wires as the pull line. Make sure that the new lines are taped real well with electrical tape and spiral it so it will not get caught in the conduit. I would use at least 15 to 20 turns without making a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel