Thursday, December 10, 2009

How would I go about getting a job in theater?

If I'm straight out of high school, and I head off to London, how would I go about getting involved in the theater? Keep in mind I have a very strong background in play production and acting, but other than "auditioning" for roles, what other jobs would be available for someone like me? Could I, perhaps, get a job simply assisting with costume design or something along those lines?



How would I go about getting a job in theater?home theater



Theres costume design, lights, sound, stagehand, set painting, playwrights, and many many more!



I'm sure that you could find someway to get into a local theater.



Just apply!



The better the people at the theater know you and your talents, the more likely you are to get a job!



How would I go about getting a job in theater?comedy club opera theater



In professional theatre, to be a costume or set designer you would have to have a lot of experience just like being an actor. But in a community theatre, they are always looking for help like that.



However if you were to pursue a job like that, it makes it easier to be involved in the theatre. You will know the people who work their and have "connections" and know how everything works. Many people take that route only to later perform.



Keep performing and working up your RESUME. Get a DEGREE in theatre. Train with the best and work your heart out. Good luck!



(later) It's not that getting a degree is the easy path. It's NOT easy to get a degree, you would find. But since you don't want to, don't. Instead, invest in acting classes and voice lessons if you wish to do music theatre. You NEED that.
Yup, just need to look at classifieds, and start making those connections. IN the US we have backstagejobs.com and ArtSearch to name a few.
Well..... sense you know your stuff start out for small parts and keep on climbing up the ladder. If you don't get a part help out with the set and ( I know stupid but you'll have to act like you were going to do it anyway) costumes. Be gracious and kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel