Saturday, December 5, 2009

How Can I Connect My Ipod To My JVC Home Theater?

My home theater does NOT have an AUX input. The only open ports in the back are "Digital In - DBS Optical" and "Component YPP." Is there a special cable i can buy to hook the ipod into it using either of these?



Here are the specs on it: http://www.jvc.com/Resources/00/00/61/74...



How Can I Connect My Ipod To My JVC Home Theater?tickets



Component input is for video, not audio; I'm not much of an expert on iPod's but I don't think they have Digital outputs; so seeing as how your unit only has a single analog audio input, you would have to run your iPod into the analog inputs of your VCR and use it to pass the signal thru to the receiver- kind of tricking the VCR into thinking you are recording something.



Not a very orthodix setup and difficult to use. Your iPod is going to sound like crap thru your system anyway- they're compressed music files. If you absolutley must do it, use an external switcher.



How Can I Connect My Ipod To My JVC Home Theater?ballet opera theater



The only input you will be able to use is the audio input (red and white). You can switch the wires back and forth, or you can ditch the VCR, buy a DVD with an optical out, and use a fiber cable to do the audio for the DVD, which would open up the red and white for your ipod. I'm surprised that it doesn't have more than one audio input.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
ariel